
Opal and I took what seemed like an entire afternoon and made homeade cherry pie out of pie cherries we hand picked from a tree at a friend's farm. I have been working on a crust for quiches lately, but have never been a very big fan of pies. I don't like warm fruit very much. However, I had all of these cherries that were too sour to eat, so why not? Opal likes to bake and in the above picture she is making the fork marks on the outside edge of the pie. I was impressed with how precise she was.

It looked beautiful with the cherries in it before baked.

I have never made a top of a pie like this before and was darn impressed with myself.

Opal, Iris, and I went to a friend's house for dinner - the lovely Sarver family had us over while John was out of town for work. So we brought them the pie and they were also impressed. Amy has a great camera and she took a picture of a slice. It tasted as good as it looks.

Just a pretty Opal with her pie dough
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home