Wordy
I found time to look back at some of my old blog posts the other night and realized I needed to write a little more. I know, some of you sigh. However this blog is the baby book, really. The actual baby book is seriously lacking, so this will make up for it. Those of you who only want to look at pictures, please feel free to skip over the text.
Iris
currently has the chicken pox. How in hades could she have bypassed them when her sister is all over her all the time. Iris got a much worse case than Opal with about 500 pok marks, I think. About 200 of them are on her head (face and scalp). So she looks gorgeous:) I can only be lighthearted about it today as she is feeling much better. On Friday night she was miserable. She has slept terribly, she went back only to nursing, and she was itchy and red all over. Today most of them have scabbed over and she is smiling again. The saddest part about the whole thing was her lack of smiling.
Otherwise, Iris is growing. She now crawls and stands up on everything. She tries to crawl up stairs. She stands up on the walls. She opens the cabinets. She finds every teeny tiny crumb on the floor and puts it in her mouth. She likes standing under the dining room table, and just like Opal used to do, she has started pulling books off the bookshelf in Opal's room. Both of them, isn't that funny? Iris stands there pulling books off the shelf as they pile up beneath her feet.
Iris has four teeth now. The front four. She got the bottom two at the same time, about a month ago. Just recently both front top teeth poked through. She is eating so much. I never realized how much Opal didn't eat until we had Iris. She eats almost everything we put in front of her. I swear she has eaten more vegetables in her life already than Opal has. Needless to say, John and I are very thankful we have a good eater. A good eater who is pretty sweet and happy all the time. She is very chill.
Opal
has said some very funny phrases lately. The other night John was making her eat her dinner and he was being firm with her. He was not going to let her get up until she ate so many more bites. Well, Opal was fighting it. She was fussing and sighing until finally she put her elbows on the table and laid her head in her hands and said, "I just don't like the way my family treats me." Wow, can we put her in the drama dept now?
Today at lunch Opal was looking at a picture of herself in her flower girl dress from a wedding she was in last summer. She asked if she could wear her wedding dress. So after lunch she put the dress on and we went outside to play wedding. Opal had a basket, she picked some flowers, I raked the leaves away to create an "aisle" and Opal was the flower girl for the bride, baby Gretta (her cherished doll), who I had to walk down the aisle.
Opal seems to understand numbers well these days. She can count up to 6 or 7 in actual counting, not just reciting numbers. She can count 6 or 7 acorns or flowers and understands the quantity. She loves to pretend play and even finds it hard to play on her own at home much anymore because play is no fun unless with others when she can pretend. Opal is treating Iris better. Sometimes she is rough with her, but for the most part she has learned her boundaries. I think that Iris crawling and pulling up on furniture has helped Opal with this somehow. She said something else really funny the other day, but I can't remember it now. If I do, I will post it later.
Iris
currently has the chicken pox. How in hades could she have bypassed them when her sister is all over her all the time. Iris got a much worse case than Opal with about 500 pok marks, I think. About 200 of them are on her head (face and scalp). So she looks gorgeous:) I can only be lighthearted about it today as she is feeling much better. On Friday night she was miserable. She has slept terribly, she went back only to nursing, and she was itchy and red all over. Today most of them have scabbed over and she is smiling again. The saddest part about the whole thing was her lack of smiling.
Otherwise, Iris is growing. She now crawls and stands up on everything. She tries to crawl up stairs. She stands up on the walls. She opens the cabinets. She finds every teeny tiny crumb on the floor and puts it in her mouth. She likes standing under the dining room table, and just like Opal used to do, she has started pulling books off the bookshelf in Opal's room. Both of them, isn't that funny? Iris stands there pulling books off the shelf as they pile up beneath her feet.
Iris has four teeth now. The front four. She got the bottom two at the same time, about a month ago. Just recently both front top teeth poked through. She is eating so much. I never realized how much Opal didn't eat until we had Iris. She eats almost everything we put in front of her. I swear she has eaten more vegetables in her life already than Opal has. Needless to say, John and I are very thankful we have a good eater. A good eater who is pretty sweet and happy all the time. She is very chill.
Opal
has said some very funny phrases lately. The other night John was making her eat her dinner and he was being firm with her. He was not going to let her get up until she ate so many more bites. Well, Opal was fighting it. She was fussing and sighing until finally she put her elbows on the table and laid her head in her hands and said, "I just don't like the way my family treats me." Wow, can we put her in the drama dept now?
Today at lunch Opal was looking at a picture of herself in her flower girl dress from a wedding she was in last summer. She asked if she could wear her wedding dress. So after lunch she put the dress on and we went outside to play wedding. Opal had a basket, she picked some flowers, I raked the leaves away to create an "aisle" and Opal was the flower girl for the bride, baby Gretta (her cherished doll), who I had to walk down the aisle.
Opal seems to understand numbers well these days. She can count up to 6 or 7 in actual counting, not just reciting numbers. She can count 6 or 7 acorns or flowers and understands the quantity. She loves to pretend play and even finds it hard to play on her own at home much anymore because play is no fun unless with others when she can pretend. Opal is treating Iris better. Sometimes she is rough with her, but for the most part she has learned her boundaries. I think that Iris crawling and pulling up on furniture has helped Opal with this somehow. She said something else really funny the other day, but I can't remember it now. If I do, I will post it later.
2 Comments:
Whoa, you and John should make sure that Opal doesn't contact DFS:) Great pictures!
By
Nathaniel and Rebecca in the Pacific Northwest (and other places), at 7:28 PM
Ruby had the chicken pox when she was 6 months old. At least you're getting it out of the way!
By
Becca and Ruby, at 4:11 PM
Post a Comment
<< Home