
I realized I have not published a post in a while about Iris and how she is doing. Here she is, a cute little thing on July 4th. I didn't have a specific outfit so I made one out of the vintage fabric I bought from my next door neighbor's garage sale. She was too cute. Iris has become a completely different baby within the last month and a half. I think her tummy has finally come around to feeling better. She does not fuss anymore - it's beautiful. Really she only fusses when she's tired or hungry. I don't have to bounce her all the time. I don't have to hold her in the most specific happy way. Iris will even lay by herself for short periods of time and prefers it to being held sometimes. She is growing - a whopping 12 pounds 3 ounces at her 4 month check up (almost a pound heavier than Opal at the same time). She rolls from tummy to back and back to tummy. And she is a talker. She can be really really loud too. Lots of aaaaahhhs and aaaaahhhhs and aaaaaaaaaaaaaaauuuuuuuhhhhhaaaaaaaauuuaaaaaaaahhhs. She laughs out loud at Opal. She follows Opal and watches her all day long. She likes tv, though we don't let her watch it. If she catches a glimpse of the television on, she'll immediately look at it. If we block her view, she'll cry until the view is not blocked anymore. Isn't that weird? Even babies are fascinated by the zone-out box. So Iris is doing quite well. Her naps are lengthening during the day to where sometimes Opal and Iris will take a 2 hour nap at the same time! That is amazing, just amazing for my day and sanity. So life with 2 is much easier than the previous blog entry I posted a few months ago. I am getting the hang of it a little bit, though learning to balance both girls and a husband still proves to be difficult. Someday I'll get there.
3 Comments:
Wow! She's simply beautiful. I'm so glad to read that she's feeling better! We really loved to see the photos from Opal's birthday party- you are an amazing mom- so creative and loving!
Jay and I love keeping up with your little one's on here!
By
Jason & Ashley, at 6:54 AM
I'm so glad you are feeling better about having two. I'm sure if someone had told us how hard it was going to be, we would have done it anyway. We love watching the girls grow and getting to be a part of their lives. What fun they will have as cousins!
By
Bill, Lauren, Will and Caroline, at 11:50 AM
It is great to have an Iris update. Glad she is doing so well, and the rest of you, too. How great that you get a 2 hour break some days - it's well deserved! our second is due at the end of August - can't wait!!
By
LilLilC, at 6:50 AM
Post a Comment
<< Home