"Oh She's So Cute"

Thursday, May 15, 2008

Life with two

No pictures this time. Sorry all. I have to say that I never imagined having two children would make my life so difficult. Some days are grand, but most days are just a ton of work. Opal is at this precious age of testing limits. She has a hard time listening sometimes and she still is adjusting to the loss of my attention, especially when she is grumpy or sad. Iris is a high maintenance baby. If I'm not holding her, she is crying. If I'm holding her, she is crying. If I'm holding her in the exact position she wants and bouncing, she is happy. Of course, this does not happen all day, but for a good chunk of it. She may sit somewhere for about 5-10 minutes by herself, like in the swing or bouncy chair. Otherwise she needs attention. She takes little cat naps all day long too, so the small breaks I get are just that - small. However, she is a good night time sleeper. Far better than Opal was at this age of 3 months. So I am thankful for that. If I didn't have that, I think I would be going crazy by now!
The good things -

I am learning phenomenol patience. I have even seen it branch out into other aspects of my life already. It is pretty amazing to say that my patience has become much better in a matter of 3 months.

Iris is beautiful. Her skin, her eyes, her little nose. I have fallen in love with the baby stage again.

It is spring and we can take walks again in the evenings.

Currently I am in Florida visiting my family. It is so nice to have all of the help on a daily basis. An extra set of hands is priceless. And I finally have time to post on our blog, yet no pictures. I have sent in my digital camera to kodak because I was getting blurry pics. They are in the process of replacing it. So we're doing old school photos for awhile where you have to go to the photo lab to develop them. It takes time. I promise I will spend a good number of hours catching you up on how our babes look and what we've been doing when I return to MO in about 2 weeks.

until then, enjoy John's sister's blog...
www.thefretwells.blogspot.com
Lauren had Caroline on the same day we had Iris and Lauren is way on top of things. She's absolutely amazing. There are more current pics of Iris on their blog then on ours!

take care,
Nicole

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home