"Oh She's So Cute"

Monday, March 03, 2008

Iris' Birth

Here we are, a family of 4, minutes after Iris was born. I had mild contractions for about 2 days before anything really got going. I was able to sleep with them and I did not have to pay attention to them much. John and I sat down to watch a movie at about 4pm on Friday. My water broke around 4:30 and Iris was born at 7:05pm. So I had about 2.5 hours of active, hard labor. Our midwife arrived about 20 minutes before Iris was born. I just didn't think I would progress so fast, so we waited to call our birth team until it was almost too late! I had no idea I was in transition until I felt the baby move down and had the urge to push. I got in the tub, pushed about 4 times total, and Iris was born. Second babies are amazing. Opal came into the room right after Iris was born. Here she is splashing her feet in the water.

1 Comments:

  • Congratulations John, Nicole, and Opal. Another girl, wow! And she looks so much like Opal. Give the big sister and hug for me!

    By Blogger Becca and Ruby, at 7:54 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home