"Oh She's So Cute"

Wednesday, August 29, 2007

Pregnancy Update

Well I did not give any details in our last post, so here it goes. I am almost 15 weeks pregnant and already have a little pooch goin' on. I was informed that the second time around happens much faster, and have experienced what everyone tells. I have had many challenges with physical well-being. I have been very nauseated, though it seems to be subsiding (not fast enough) and have had headaches almost every other day for the past month or so. I started going to a chiropractor for the headaches and they seem to be less severe and less frequent, though I have had one for the last 3 days. Today I succumbed to tylenol. I know it's not bad to take, but I can't take it every time I have a headache - because that would be every other day. So I have been challenged with patience in this area.

Otherwise everything is great. The baby seems to be very healthy (they tell you that feeling bad is a sign of the baby's good health). We had an ultrasound about 2 weeks ago and saw the little bugger in there moving around. I have begun to feel movement, which is also very fun and reassuring.

Another exciting thing is that my due date is a day or two from my sister-in-law's due date. Lauren is pregnant as well. It has been nice to share the same woeful feelings with each other. And the cousins will be very close.

I am going to Columbia Community Birth Center and we plan to have this baby at home like we did with Opal as long as everything continues to go well. There is lots of national media attention right now on the midwifery laws in the state of missouri. You should look it up if you are interested. I am on the board of CCBC and we are joining in a lawsuit that will go to MO Supreme Court about the legality of midwifery. Right now it is considered a felony in MO - the only state in the union. We are one of 10 states where it is not legal.

go to
www.birthcolumbia.org
if you are interested in the birth center. The only one in Missouri. There are pictures of our birth with Opal on the website under the Photo Gallery heading.

We hope all of you are happy and healthy. Send positive health energy and prayers my way! Take care.

1 Comments:

  • Congratulations guys! We are so happy for you. It's easy to see the three of you have a lot of love to give in your family and this very special baby will be so blessed to be a part of it. Best wishes for you and your little one... Ashley & Jason

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 3:44 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home