"Oh She's So Cute"

Monday, August 21, 2006

Funnies

Today Opal and I spent some time out in the backyard. Opal played in her little pool and we had her little slide set up so that you could slide into the pool. She did not like sliding into the pool very much at all, but she liked sitting on the end of the slide inside of the pool. She had her favorite pair of shoes on, which happen to be a pair of water shoes featuring a fish on the toes. The shoes came off in the pool and then Opal practiced putting the shoes outside of the pool and then getting them back inside the pool. No exaggeration, I think this happened 21 times. In, out, in, out. And sometimes she threw the shoes just a little too far out of the pool so she had to lean her little belly on the side of the blow-up pool and reeeeaaach really hard to get them. She figured out how to put her other hand down outside of the pool to get more length.

Today Opal thought it was really funny when I screamed with my mouth closed. Don't ask me why I did this in the first place. I think I was copying a noise she made. As soon as I did she laughed hysterically. So I kept doing it. And she kept laughing.

On Saturday....this is big news folks....are you ready?.....

Opal pooped in her potty!

We have been working on potty time a little each day, not because we're pushing it, but because Opal seems interested in it. And it is working. She usually goes to the potty in her potty about once a day. I am really excited about the prospect of not washing diapers anymore!

Opal went to her first Renaissance Festival yesterday here in Columbia. It was not too exciting. It was the First annual festival for Columbia and it showed. Opal did show her fearlessness again, though. We were sitting at a "Magic" Show on rows of bales of straw. Opal started walking down the row behind us shaking everyone's hand and waving. And then when the show got a little loud, she hugged a complete stranger - who was a man! He was just sitting there waving back to her and then she hugged him. John and I were hysterical. She is so funny ... and social.

Okay folks. That's all for now. Feel free to post comments on our blog. It's fun to know you've looked at it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home